Michael Foley is a second generation martial artist with over 30 years experience. Foley’s Martial Arts was founded in 1978 by Michael’s father, Mike Foley Sr. This allowed him to grow up immersed in combat sports. Currently, he holds a 6th degree black belt in Kenpo Karate, a three stripe brown belt in Gracie Jiu Jitsu, and has an extensive background as a competitor and coach in the sport of Kickboxing. His coaching credentials include certifications from the Sport Canada National Coaching Certification Program and Kickboxing Canada. His martial arts career has taken him to Brazil, Thailand, Greece, South Africa, across Canada, and through the United States. In international competition, Michael has stood on the podium numerous times for Canada as a member of our national Kickboxing and Sport Karate teams and has held both the Canadian and Atlantic Canadian amateur Kickboxing title belts.
- 1989 Bronze medal Kenpo ‘Top Ten’ Nationals, Montreal, QC.
- 1991 Gold medal CBN Open, Carbonear, NL.
- 1996 Gold medal Newfoundland Championships, St. John’s, NL.
- 1999 Bronze medal Ontario Open, Hamilton, ON.
- 2000 Gold medal Canada Cup, Burlington, ON.
- 2001 Gold medal WPKA World Championships, Thessaloniki, Greece.
- 2001 Double Gold medal KICK North American Championships, FL, USA.
- 2002 Gold medal WKA Canadian Nationals, Ottawa, ON.
- 2005 Gold medal WKA Kickboxing, New York, USA.
- 2006 Gold medal CASK Kickboxing Night of Champions, Oakville, ON.
- 2007 Atlantic Canadian Kickboxing title, St. John’s, NL.
- 2010 Canadian Kickboxing title, St. John’s, NL.
- 2016 First place NAGA US Open, FL, USA.
Coaching, Officiating, and First Aid Certifications:
- NCCP level 2 nationally certified coach.
- Level 1 nationally certified Kickboxing coach.
- Level 2 nationally certified Kickboxing official.
- Heart & Stroke Foundation CPR/AED.
- St. John’s Ambulance First Aid.